Art of Circling – Practitioner Training
New Flexible Format
8 Weekend Modules with multiple Locations/Dates
This training is for you if . . .
…You long to tap into a deeper source in yourself, feel more comfortable in your own skin and create a life that inspires you.
…You’re a coach, therapist, transformational leader — or are on your way to BECOMING one — and want to make a MUCH bigger difference for your clients.
…You’re ready for the next big leap into profound personal growth and your development as an adult with a community of powerful and inspiring people from all over the world.
The Art of Circling Training Program has 4 Primary Purposes:
1. To unleash your unique potential and be a cauldron for your personal growth and transformation.
2. To teach you the art and skills of authentic relating so you can have more rewarding and intimate relationships with everyone in your life.
3. To provide powerful training in the art of circling and give you the skills to masterfully facilitate transformation for other people.
4. To offer Practitioner Certification in Circling for graduates who qualify.
In The Art of Circling Practitioner Training, you will…
- Experience the radical personal growth that is available through circling. Read more about circling here.
- Gain deeper access to authentic self-expression – learn to powerfully and vulnerably express your experience of being with others as it arises.
- Create more rewarding and intimate relationships and interactions with everyone in your life.
- Become skilled in the art of circling – This program will train you to become incredibly proficient at guiding people to very deep places.
- Learn the 7 stages and skill-sets needed to facilitate transformation, including the art of getting someone’s world… in a way that has them feel seen, known and understood, possibly more deeply than they’ve ever been before.
- Deepen your existing coaching/therapy practice – In addition to your circling training, we also teach you specifically how to translate your circling skills into working with clients, friends, family or work associates who are seeking a change in their lives.
What’s Included in The Art of Circling Training:
- Eight (8) Weekends of Immersive Training – Three 2-day weekends (Saturday 9am – Sunday 7pm) and Five 2.5-day weekends (Friday 1pm – Sunday 6pm) offered in multiple locations. Take them based on your location/travel/availability.
- Monthly Supervised Virtual Circling Practice – Practice with your fellow students as the Course Leaders and Staff coach you and give detailed feedback on your Circling Facilitation once a month.
- Weekly Office Hours – For Q&A or mini Circling/Coaching with the Course Leaders.
- Online Training Videos – Detailed step-by-step breakdown on the why and how of facilitating each of the stages of Circling, demos of Circling Facilitation with commentary and practice exercises for learning.
- Weekly Peer Group Circling – Practice with your fellow students to deepen your skills and receive ongoing support.
- Private Facebook group – Where you can stay in intimate contact with your peers and instructors as you are learning and sharing.
- Homework assignments, reading materials and popular media references – To deepen your knowledge and skill level.
Certification & Pre-requisites
To get Certified as a Art of Circling Practitioner, complete all 8 Weekend Modules and pass the Certification in your last Weekend Module or through a virtual follow-up session.
Modules 1 – 3 are open to the general public and may be taken individually or together, in any order. We recommend you take Module 1 first if you’ve never had any prior experience of Circling. These three Modules cover the basics of circling and will give you skills and experience to practice the principles in your life. However, they will not by themselves make you a skilled practitioner or facilitator in Circling.
Modules 4 – 8 will take you through all the remaining steps on how to become a highly skilled practitioner of Circling and are only open to those who have signed up for the course and completed our application process. We also welcome returning students to take any of these weekend modules to refresh or update your abilities.
Dates & Logistics
Live Weekend Modules will be held in the San Francisco Bay Area, Asheville, NC and other locations.
The first three weekends are 2 days each (10am – 7pm on Sat & Sun) and open to the general public (Click here for more details on the 3 modules)
Weekend Module 1 – Circling Immersion (Getting into Relationship)
- Dec 2-3, 2017 in Boston, MA (51 Berkeley St, Somerville MA)
Weekend Module 2 – Sovereign (Your Presence)
- Nov 18-19, 2017 in Asheville, NC (55 Memory Lane, Asheville NC)
- Dec 16-17, 2017 in Berkeley, CA (2336A Channing Way, Berkeley CA)
- Mar 7-8, 2018 in Asheville, NC (location TBD)
Weekend Module 3 – Explorer (Getting Someone’s World)
- Jan 13-14, 2018 in Asheville, NC (location TBD)
- Jan 27-28, 2018 in Berkeley, CA (2336A Channing Way, Berkeley CA)
The subsequent weekends are 2.5 days each (1pm-7pm on Fri, 10am – 7pm on Sat & Sun) for participants in the Practitioner Training
Weekend Module 4 – Explorer II (Art of Getting Deeper Context)
- May 4-6, 2018 in Asheville, NC (location TBD)
- May 18-20, 2018 in Berkeley, CA (2336A Channing Way, Berkeley CA)
Weekend Module 5 – Warrior (Seeing and Naming What Hasn’t Been Seen)
- June 1-3, 2018 in Asheville, NC (location TBD)
- June 22-24, 2018 in Berkeley, CA (2336A Channing Way, Berkeley CA)
Weekend Module 6 – Deep Sea Diver (Feeling What Hasn’t Been Fully Felt)
- Aug 10-12, 2018 in Berkeley, CA (one combined weekend/location for all cohorts, location TBD)
Weekend Module 7 – Midwife/Integrator (The Birth of Something New & Bringing it Back into Your Life)
- Sep 21-23, 2018 in Asheville, NC (location TBD)
- Oct 5-7, 2018 in Berkeley, CA (2336A Channing Way, Berkeley CA)
Weekend Module 8 – Integrator II (Circling with a Coaching Context), Completion (The Art of Closing) & Certification (Optional)
- Nov 2-5, 2018 in Asheville, NC (one combined weekend/location for all cohorts, Monday is optional for Certification)
- $6,500 (if paid in full)
- 6 Month and 12 Month Payment Plans available
- Couples signing up together get a $500 discount
- Past graduates/returning students of our prior AOC courses pay a flat discounted rate of $3,000
(contact us for the payment link)
We recognize that you may be joining the Course after already taking one or more weekends. If so, we will reduce the price based on how many weekends you’ve taken.
|If you register
these # of weekends
If you have more questions and want to explore if the course is a fit for you, contact us to set up a conversation. You can Email us at info[at]circlinginstitute[dot]com and we will follow up to discuss the program and what it can do for you.
Can I register for the whole course right away?
Yes you can go ahead and register and pay for the whole course without pre-approval. If you have prior experience of Circling, we certainly encourage you to do so. We will follow up with you shortly to schedule an interview to get to know you, set clear expectations on the training and ensure it is the right fit for you at this stage in your life. If we confirm you are ready, we will send you the info on how to sign up for the upcoming training weekends that you want to attend. If it looks like it is not the right fit for you at this stage, we will issue you a full refund right away. We do this to ensure you are ready and willing to go through the deep transformation and learning that this journey entails. You are of course always welcome to join any or all of the first 3 Weekend Modules of the course which are suitable for most of the general public without any pre-requisites.
How is Circling different than coaching or therapy?
Circling, coaching & therapy are three different modalities with different intentions and goals. You can read more about the difference between coaching, therapy & circling here. However, circling skills can profoundly enrich coaching, therapy and leadership facilitation. In this training, we distinguish how circling can be offered inside of a coaching framework so that it can be used in a professional context in service to a client’s goals and desires. You’ll learn the basic coaching skills necessary to create a powerful relationship with clients at the outset and help them integrate and implement changes in their lives after circling. However, the primary focus of the course will be learning the circling skills that can elicit profound transformation and the emergence of more authentic levels of being, both in yourself and others.
How much of a time investment is this? Will I have time with my busy schedule?
We designed the program to provide the immersion and engagement needed for rapid learning and personal growth, while at the same time spacing it out so that it can easily integrate into the lives of busy people. The program runs monthly or bi-monthly and we’ll meet in person each time for 2-day or 2.5 day long weekend trainings. We will also meet online once a month. Most people find that this schedule makes it easy to participate in the training, integrate what they are learning and balancing the needs of personal/family life and work.
What if I have to miss a live training weekend?
No problem. We have structured the training so there will be other dates and venues to take the missed Weekend Module in the upcoming months. You can continue the course with the subsequent weekend modules and catch up on the missing weekend(s) anytime within the 2 year period.
What skill level is required?
This is an in-depth training for people who want to accelerate their personal growth and become extremely skillful at facilitating transformation for others. Because of this, a number of the people in the program are coaches, therapists or experienced circlers. However, there are no formal prerequisites for this training and we welcome people with a variety of experiences. We also offer additional assistance and coaching to individuals as needed to allow each person to thrive and get the most out of their training.
That said, because this is an intensive training, it is not for everyone, and we will interview each person prior to the start of the full course to ensure you are a good fit for the program at this stage in your life. You may schedule your interview before or after registering for the course.
What does “Art of Circling Certification” mean & how does it work?
We will be offering Practitioner Level Certification and official endorsement from The Circling Institute to qualified graduates of the Art of Circling Training. This means that if you meet the criteria we will certify you as a Practitioner in circling for individuals and groups at a basic level of proficiency and you will be listed in our online registry of Certified Circling Practitioners.
Some participants in this program won’t have the desire to attain Certification, if so you will still be recognized as a Graduate of the Art of Circling. For those of you who want Certification, we will be evaluating you on a series of skiIl-sets that we will make clear during the course. Because everyone is beginning the course with different skill-sets and levels of experience, gaining Certification is not guaranteed and it is expected that some people will not pass the first time. If you don’t pass the Certification evaluation on the first attempt, you will have other opportunities to do so after the completion of the training, which we can discuss. If you really want to get your Art of Circling Certification… we want to help you get there!
I am a returning student, can I retake individual Weekend Modules and how much do they cost?
If you are a returning student, you may retake any of the weekend modules at 50% discount of the original price. The pricing breakdown for the weekends for returning students is as follows:
Weekends 1-3: $295 each
Weekends 4-10: $495 each
This program is a journey of the soul.
Talk to us, and you’ll know if it’s right for you.
Email us at info[at]circlinginstitute[dot]com if you would like to discuss the program and what it can do for you. If you’re ready to give your greatest gifts and make a profound difference in the lives of your clients, co-workers and loved ones, then join us for a training that will change the course of your life.